Can You Keep The House If You File Bankruptcy or After a Divorce?

Keep The House If You File Bankruptcy or After a Divorce in KY

Can You Keep The House If You File Bankruptcy?

Can you keep the house if you file bankruptcy or after a divorce in Shepherdsville or anywhere in Bullitt County Kentucky? Of course, there are many options available including the ability to put together a plan spread across 5 years that allows you to get back on your feet.  There is a special form of bankruptcy, Chapter 13, for those who have a home or other things which are important to them such as a car, truck or valuable collections.  We will work with you to determine what is owed and to whom, and develop a plan that will help you to move forward in a way that is best for your unique situation. 

We are able to resolve many seemingly impossible financial challenges such as several late mortgage payments or even foreclosure, often for a small amount when compared to what is presently owed.  Chapter 13 is designed to help most people to develop a reasonable plan that they are comfortable with, a plan with affordable payments you can make now and in the next 5 years to get back into a position of good credit and financial health over the period of a few years.

This is why it is important to contact the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates, PLLC,  as soon as you can.  Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys work with you to develop a plan that will allow you to keep the house and the other things which are most important to you. Our work together will take the weight off of your shoulders, stop all the harassing phone calls and messages and get you headed in the right direction.  You will have a team of good people on your side to tailor a program that fits you and your unique situation.  Together, we’ll design a solution that eliminates all of the hassle and pressure while creating a real path to a much happier and solid financial future.

What do I do if My Former Spouse Isn’t Paying the House Payment?

Was your former spouse supposed to pay the mortgage as part of the divorce, and now they’ve fallen behind or stopped making payments altogether?  What happens next?  How can you keep the house and protect your interests and credit?

A recent change in Kentucky laws allows you seek modifications to your divorce agreement by “decree”, avoiding any expensive court battle and potentially large costs.  There are several important things that need to quickly happen in order to fix this situation, and you will need the help of our experienced and proven team.

Get real answers to your questions such as:

What will happen to my home?

Can I refinance the house?

Is it possible to get them off of the title and reduce or eliminate any claim they may have on the equity of the home?

Can we get them out of the home entirely?

Keep the House and Restore Your Credit and Financial Future

The bankruptcy and family law attorneys at the Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates, PLLC will help you to keep the house and restore your credit and financial future.  We know you are very worried about your home and aren’t sure how to handle all of the events that have unfolded.  We will work with you to evaluate all of the available options and develop a plan to resolve any challenges you may be facing in the way that is best suited for you.   You are not alone, and there is help available to you. 

We invite you to contact us via e-mail, schedule an appointment or call us today at (502) 509-1490 to get the answers you need and relief from financial challenges and creditors.