My husband cheated with a woman who’s now pregnant. I don’t want to leave my husband. How do I make sure our children continue to be supported if the other woman files for child support? Can I file for child support against my husband if we still live together as husband and wife?


The tongue-n-cheek answer and most attorneys’ 1st thought is that you might want to invest in a vasectomy for your husband. Child support is normally sought by a custodial parent against a non-custodial parent. In other words, the parents normally do not live together. In Kentucky, the legislature got it right and made it unnecessary for you to seek a child support order.

How do I make sure my prior born children with my husband receive enough support if my husband’s income might be reduced by a child support order for a later born child out of wedlock?

Kentucky’s child support laws provide that a deduction will be made in the child support calculation for a later born child(ren) for the support to the extent payment is made the child support calculation if a parent is legally responsible for and is actually providing support for other prior born children who are not the subject of a particular proceeding. As you can tell from the language, it might be to your benefit to hire a seasoned and trusted lawyer like Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates to help you.

Finding a Good Lawyer

One good way to find a lawyer is to ask friends, acquaintances, or other lawyers and attorneys for referrals and then interview the candidates. Of course, Law Offices of John Schmidt & Associates is available for legal advice on child support today. Call us now!

If you are in Kentucky, then I’d recommend that you call my office at 502-587-1950 or 502-509-1490 to schedule a consultation if you have an agreement, parenting schedule or court order to discuss your options.

Leave a Reply